21/22 Health & Safety Guidelines
Guidelines as of 9/4/21
PLEASE NOTE THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND WILL BE UPDATED ACCORDINGLY.
- Auditions will be held virtually when practical or in-person at the discretion of the director and their production team. All production team members and auditioners must be fully vaccinated and may be asked to provide proof of vaccination.
- Masks are required for everyone entering the SLOC facility at all times..
- Masks will be provided by SLOC Musical Theater for anyone who does not own one.
- Rehearsals will be held in the main theater or education building
- Production teams will be responsible for basic cleaning before or after rehearsals (disinfect tabletops, chairs, light switches, door knobs, etc.)
- All cast and crew members will be required to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required and kept in a confidential record.
- All volunteers must wear a mask at all times upon entering any SLOC building.
- No volunteer is to attend a rehearsal if they are displaying symptoms of COVID 19 including but not limited to cough, sore throat, fever, nausea, vomiting, chills, body aches, congestion.
- SLOC Musical Theater maintains the right to require a negative COVID test if a cast or crew member has recently traveled, displayed any symptoms related to COVID-19 or had been exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Proof of negative test will be kept on file for at least 28 days.
- No guests, friends, family will be permitted to attend rehearsals without prior approval by the Board Liaison.
- Cast and crew will sign an attestation no later than their first rehearsal that covers expectations, safety guidelines and a means to have any questions answered.
- Cast can remove their face coverings beginning Tech Sunday. However, when not on stage, cast are encouraged to put them back on. Regardless, cast must do their best to social distance in the backstage area.
- All patrons will be required to be vaccinated.
- All patrons must wear a mask. If they do not have one, one will be provided by SLOC Musical Theater. Upon purchase of tickets, patrons will be attesting they have been vaccinated and understand that proof of vaccination may be required.
- Signs may continue to be posted regarding COVID-19 precautions, distancing, and appropriate hand washing techniques.
- Hand sanitizer locations will be placed throughout the facility.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to, face masks, gloves, goggles/face shields will be available to all patrons and volunteers who request them.
- Box office, ushers, concession workers and any other front-facing volunteers for a performance not mentioned will be required to be fully vaccinated, if they are eligible, according to NYS DOH guidelines. Proof of vaccination will be required and kept in a confidential record. They will also wear a mask at all times.
- Bathrooms will be stocked with hand soap and disposable towels. They will be disinfected before and after each performance as well as after intermission when possible.
- Before and after each performance, a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of the theater will occur, performed by ushers, including disinfecting surfaces, light switches, door handles, sinks and any other frequently touched surfaces. The volunteers who clean will be provided the necessary cleaning products and PPE.
- Playbills will not be reused. Any left behind after a performance will be recycled or disposed of appropriately. If possible, digital playbills will be used.
- Audio enhancing equipment for patrons will only be utilized if they can be fully disinfected after each use.
- If at any time during a performance there is a health or safety concern, the House Manager will be the notified immediately.
- Performers will be required to provide their own make-up and applicators. None will be shared.
- If SLOC Musical Theater is to provide costumes, they will be laundered prior to wear and laundered once the performances are over.
- Microphones will not be swapped unless they are properly disinfected first. Actors will have their designated equipment and a location to store that equipment where it does not come in to contact with other performers equipment.
- Performers are encouraged to arrive to the theater “show ready” whenever possible.
- Patrons will be encouraged to exit immediately upon the end of the performance.
- Performers do not need to wear facemasks when performing.
- Pit members will be required to be fully vaccinated. They will wear a mask throughout the performance whenever feasible.
- At this time, SLOC Musical Theater will not be hosting Opening Night Parties, After Show Cabarets or
- SLOC Musical Theater will designate a Primary Point of Contact to communicate with DOH and the Board of Directors in the case of a potential or confirmed exposure.
- SLOC Musical Theater will continuously monitor any changes in requirements or recommendations from NYS, DOH and the CDC. Information for this policy was taken from https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/default/files/2021-04/SmallandMediumPerformingArtsSummaryGuidelines.pdf
- Questions or concerns regarding this policy may be sent to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- These guidelines are subject to change