Director STEPHEN FOUST
Music Director JOHN CARROLL
Choreographer BETSY FOUST
Producer JOHN MEGLINO
Stage Manager JAMES BROWN
It’s 1985 and rock star wannabe, Robbie Hart, is New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer. When he’s left at the altar, his gigs become disastrous events. It takes winsome waitress, Julia, to help Robbie change his tune and believe in love again.
The Wedding Singer is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- Please prepare 16 to 32 bars of music from a Broadway show – ideally in a style similar to the show or from the show itself.
- An accompanist will be provided so please have sheet music in the correct key.
- Readings from the script will be provided at auditions.
- Please bring appropriate dance clothing/shoes, everyone will participate in a dance call during auditions.
- Audition form may be completed ahead of time or the night of auditions
- Rehearsals will be held on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evenings, from 7:00 pm-10:00 pm, and on Sunday afternoons 2:00 pm-5:00 pm. This is subject to change based on cast/crew availability.
- Rehearsals will begin on Sunday, December 11th
- There will be a photo shoot day TBD based on cast/crew availability.
- Attendance is mandatory for Theater Clean-Up Day (Saturday, March 11th) and Tech Week (March 12-16, 2023) as well as all performances.
Robbie Hart (Male Identifying)
The lead singer of a band. Handsome and charismatic. A truly ‘nice’ guy that has the classic lead singer aura and personality. Also a bit of a dreamer. In love with love until Linda leaves him at the altar and breaks his heart. Note: The ability to accompany himself on guitar is preferred, but not required.
Vocal Range: High Tenor (B2 – C5)
Sammy (Male Identifying)
The bass player in the wedding band and one of Robbie’s best friends. A total guy’s guy, but beneath his pretending to love being a bachelor, he is actually in love with Holly.
Vocal Range: Tenor C3-A4
George (Gender Non-Specific)
The wedding band’s keyboardist and one of Robbie’s best friends. They are sensitive and somewhat lively and exuberant.
Vocal Range: Tenor C3-A4
Julia Sullivan (Female Identifying)
Waitress. The pretty “girl next door” in looks and personality. Engaged to Glen but falls in love with Robbie and is conflicted as to who to choose. Empathetic, caring, and brave.
Vocal Range: Alto G3-F5
Holly (Female Identifying)
Julia’s cousin. Flirtatious, sexy, and always up for a good time, but wants to be loved and is looking for romantic fulfillment in all the wrong places. She is in love with Sammy.
Vocal Range: Alto A3-E5
Glen Guglia (Male Identifying)
Julia’s fiancé. A Wall Street broker. He is rich, shallow, and materialistic. Constantly tries to buy Julia’s love with money. He is also a bit of a womanizer.
Vocal Range: D3-B4
Rosie (Female Identifying)
Robbie’s grandmother who raised him. Motherly but adventurous and always trying to remain “hip” despite her age. Note: Character has a “rap” to perform during the show.
Vocal Range: C4-C5
Linda (Female Identifying)
Robbie’s fiancé who leaves him at the altar. Keeps Robbie around as a back-up plan. Is more in love with the idea of Robbie being a rock star than she actually is with Robbie. Note: If cast as Linda, you will also be in the ensemble.
Vocal Range: A3-D5
7 individuals who will portray multiple roles (couples, wedding guests, stockbrokers, and/or impersonators)