Director GARY M. HOFFMANN
Music Director EMILY ROSE
Choreographer ELEAH PEAL
Producer JOANNE DAME PEAL
This light, fast-paced, witty farce takes comedy back to its roots. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is a nonstop laughfest, filled with plot twists, cases of mistaken identity, slamming doors and a showgirl or two.
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
Audition Dates and Times:
Monday, December 2nd and Tuesday, December 3rd
Sign in will begin at 6:30PM. Auditions will start promptly at 7PM
Call Back (if needed and by invitation only) – Wednesday, December 4th at 7PM
Schenectady Light Opera Company Education Building
418 Liberty Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
Free parking is available in the city owned parking lots on Franklin Street and Liberty Street
Performance Dates and Times:
March 13-22, 2020 (March 13, 14, 19, 20, and 21 at 8PM, March 15, 21, and 22 at 2PM)
Rehearsals will generally be Monday, Wednesday, Friday evenings and Sunday afternoons starting December 8th (There will be a break for the holidays). Mandatory Dress Rehearsal will be Sunday, March 8th, and tech week rehearsals will be TBA.
- Prepare 32 measures of a song in the style of the show. Singing from the show is encouraged, but not required. Consider the range of the role you wish to be considered for. Please keep it strictly 32 measures or less.
- Bring your own sheet music in the appropriate key. An accompanist will be provided.
- Actors and Actresses of ALL ethnicities are encouraged to audition.
- Please bring a resume and headshot, if you have one.
- Please be prepared to provide all potential conflicts from December through March.
- Actors should be prepared to read from the script, readings will be given at auditions.
- Please bring appropriate clothing/shoes for a dance call.
- Optional: complete our Audition Form prior to, or the night of the auditions!
*Ages are suggestions, we encourage anyone 18 years of age or older to audition!
Pseudolus: A Roman slave, owned by Hero. Quick-witted and scheming. Male, age 30 to 50. Vocal range: A2-A4.
Senex: An old man and father to Hero and hen-pecked husband to Domina. Male, age 45-60. Vocal range: B2-G4.
Domina: Senex’s wife. A shrewish woman: controlling, demanding, and manipulative. Female, age 40 -60. Vocal range: B3-F5.
Hero: The young son of Senex and Domina. Practical, privileged, romantic. Male, age 20-30. Vocal range: B2-G4.
Hysterium: The chief slave in the House of Senex. Anxious and loyal; the order he so desperately wants for everything eludes him. Male, age 40 to 55. Vocal range: D4-G5.
Erronius: An old man, searching for his lost children. Male, age 45-70. Vocal range: B2-G4.
Miles Gloriosus: A captain in the Roman army. Commanding, boastful, manly and strong. Male, age 25-35. Vocal range: B3-F5.
Lycus: The buyer and seller of the flesh of beautiful women. Male, age 40 to 50. Vocal range: A3-F5.
Philia: One of Lycus’ courtesans, still a virgin. Young, pretty, devoted ingénue. Female, age 18 to 25. Vocal range: B3-G5
Courtesans (6): Female ensemble from the house of Lycus.
Proteans (3): Plays multiple roles (slaves, citizens, soldiers, and eunuchs).
Any questions, please contact the Gary Hoffmann, Director (email@example.com) or Joanne Peal, Producer (JP61556@gmail.com).