Nunsense begins when the Little Sisters of Hoboken discover that their cook, Sister Julia, Child of God, has accidentally poisoned 52 of the sisters, and they are in dire need of funds for the burials. The sisters decide that the best way to raise the money is to put on a variety show, so they take over the school auditorium, which is currently set up for the eighth grade production of “Grease.” Here we meet Reverend Mother Regina, a former circus performer; Sister Mary Hubert, the Mistress of Novices; a streetwise nun from Brooklyn named Sister Robert Anne; Sister Mary Leo, a novice who is a wannabe ballerina; and the delightfully wacky Sister Mary Amnesia, the nun who lost her memory when a crucifix fell on her head.
Featuring star turns, tap and ballet dancing, an audience quiz, and comic surprises, this show has become an international phenomenon.
With more than 5000 productions worldwide, it has been translated into 21 languages. Winner of four 1985 Outer Critics Circle Awards including Best Off-Broadway Musical in its original New York production, this hilarious international hit was revived in New York . Updated with new jokes, additional lyrics, two new arrangements and a brand new song, this zany musical has been videotaped for television starring the late Rue McClanahan as the Mother Superior.
- Sister Mary Regina (Reverend Mother) – Paula Ginder
- Sister Mary Hubert – Jane Figueroa
- Sister Robert Anne – Elisa Verb
- Sister Mary Leo – Erin Waterhouse
- Sister Mary Amnesia – Judi Merriam
- Producer – Brett Putnam
- Director / Choreographer – Orlando J. Pigliavento
- Music Director – Vincent Bonafede
- Stage Manager – Michael Gatzendorfer
- Set Designer – Robert C. Farquharson
- Lighting Designer – Greg Rucinski
- Sound Designer – Winn Huntley
- Props – Amanda Jo Marshall
- Costume Designer – Joseph Fava
- Make-up Designer – Marcia Lenehan