SLOC’s 2015-2016 Youth Production!
Be Our Guest! The Academy Award-winning film comes to life in this romantic and beloved take on the classic fairy-tale.
Step into the enchanted world of Broadway’s modern classic, Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, an international sensation that has played to over 35 million people worldwide in 13 countries. Based on the Academy-Award winning animated feature, the stage version includes all of the wonderful songs written by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman along with new songs by Mr. Menken and Tim Rice. The original Broadway production ran for over 13 years and was nominated for 9 TONY Awards including Best Musical.
The classic story tells of Belle, a young woman in a provincial town, and the Beast, who is really a young prince trapped under the spell of an enchantress. If the Beast can learn to love and be loved, the curse will end and he will be transformed to his former self. But time is running out. If the Beast does not learn his lesson soon, he and his household will be doomed for all eternity.
This “tale as old as time” is filled with spectacular costumes and sets and promises to be a show that the family will not want to miss this holiday season.
- Belle: Kelsey Jessup
- Belle (u/s): Maureen Gallagher
- Beast: Sawyer Harrington-Verb
- Gaston: Nick Edwards
- Lumiere: Jack Rento
- Cogsworth: Jake Lehning
- Mrs. Potts: Mary Potas
- Chip: Gregory Trechel / M.J. Bellotti
- Maurice: Evan Finke
- Lefou: Scott Brown
- Babette: Imani McCalmon
- Madame de la Grande Bouche: Anna Fernandez
- Monsieur D’arque: Matt Skinner
- Silly Girls: Alex Burgess, Julianna Pollicino, Abby Ryan
- Ensemble: Paul Amirault, M.J. Bellotti, Alex Burgess, Alex Cherry, Skylar Eagle, Caitlyn Effner, Maureen Gallagher, Noah Heimbach, Miller Lawton, Caitie LeCours, Fiona Leonard, Randall Marr, Nate McCarten, Joey Oswald, Julianna Pollicino, Abby Ryan, Matt Skinner, Ryan Skinner, Lauren Sullivan, Gregory Trechel
- Director: Sev Moro
- Music Director: Brandon Jones
- Choreographers: Brittany Leigh Glenn and Jordan Fyvie
- Producers: Michael Gatzendorfer and Mary Darcy
- Assistant Director: Elizabeth Sherwood-Mack
- Production Assistant: Mindy Whisenhunt
- Stage Manager: Kathy Schechtman
- Assistant Stage Manager: Christopher Semerad
- Scenic Design: Sharon C. Wemple
- Sound Design/Special Effects: Robert Healey
- Lighting Design: Greg Rucinski & Brett Putnam
- Costume Design: Debbie Lummis
- Hair & Wig Design: Joseph Austin Kennedy & John Fowler
- Make-up Design: Elizabeth Sherwood-Mack