DIRECTOR BRIAN CLEMENTE
MUSIC DIRECTOR DAN GALLIHER
CHOREOGRAPHER BRITTANY LEIGH GLENN
PRODUCERS AMY CLARK & HALEY VAN ALSTYNE
This angsty rock musical adaptation of the seminal play explores teenage self discovery and coming of age anxiety in a powerful celebration of youth and rebellion.
Spring Awakening is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. www.MTIShows.com
- Sunday, October 1, 2023, and Monday, October 2, 2023 at 7pm. Sign-in begins at 6:30pm
- You only need to attend one of these sessions.
- If needed, Callbacks will be held on Tuesday, October 3, 2023, by invitation only.
This production features explicit language, sexual situations, and triggering scenes of violence.
Auditions are open to anyone 16 years of age or older, but actors under 18, you must be accompanied by an adult for the entirety of the audition process.
For parents or guardians who wish to know more about the specific content of this show, please reach out to the Director, Brian Clemente (firstname.lastname@example.org) to access a Content Guide.
- Schenectady Light Opera Company Education Building
- 418 Liberty Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- Free parking is available in the city owned lot across the street
- January 19-28, 2024 (Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 3pm)
- SLOC Mainstage, 427 Franklin Street, Schenectady, NY 12305
- Please prepare 16 to 32 bars of music from a Broadway show – ideally in a style similar to the show or from the show itself.
- Please bring your own sheet music; an accompanist will be provided.
- Readings from the script will be provided.
- Please bring a calendar with all your conflicts to the audition as well.
- You may complete the audition form and bring it with you or complete the form at auditions.
- Rehearsals will be held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings, and on Sunday afternoons. This is subject to change based on cast/crew availability.
- Rehearsals will begin on Monday, October 30th.
- Attendance is mandatory for Tech Week (January 14-18, 2023) and all performances.
Schenectady Light Opera Company pledges to continue to advocate for, and are aiming to build a diverse cast reflective of the Schenectady community. Any and all ethnicities, BIPOC actors, and actors of all gender identities are encouraged to audition for all roles.
Effective June 23, 2023, COVID-19 vaccinations for cast, crew, staff, and volunteers are not required.
If you have any questions, please contact Producers Amy Clark (email@example.com) or Haley VanAlstyne (firstname.lastname@example.org).